It’s Monday night and after a long day of work and then a 4pm class at the gym I was in the mood for something yummy. Tonight is the perfect evening for a cozy meal. It’s getting chillier over here and that makes me want some comfort food. I decided to make a whole roasted chicken. The thing with this is that I really don’t necessarily follow a particular recipe. Every time I make a whole chicken I grab whatever I have in the house to season and accompany it.
Since I hit up the farm stand yesterday I knew I wanted our side to be the fresh brussel sprouts. I will post that recipe a little later on though. Let’s get back to our chicken recipe. It smells great in here and the oven is heating up the whole house nicely. I have this All Natural Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning by Weber that I used to season the chicken tonight. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 whole chicken rinsed and salted (I discard the bagged insides)
- Place Chicken in roasting pan or pyrex
- Pour about 1-2 tablespoons over chicken and rub it all over the chicken
- Sprinkle a generous amount of the Weber Seasoning all over the chicken
- 5 cloves of chopped fresh garlic on top of chicken and some inside
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 small onion quartered placed in pan and inside of chicken
I placed some baby carrots and cherry tomatoes around the chicken in the baking dish and seasoned them with salt and pepper.
Cover chicken and place in oven at 350-375. Cook for about 2 hours or until juices run clear. I take the foil off for the last portion of it to darken the skin and to give it that nice brown roasted look!