Ever need a quick simple side dish? Ever have a pint of cherry tomatoes and want to do something different with them? I love tomatoes and often have them on hand. I throw them in my salads and soups all the time. Years ago, when traveling through Spain with my friends, when we ordered our food we would get a baked tomato on the side. Sort of like how when you order a sandwich here in the US you get a pickle. Well, I fell in love with them. I would even eat my friends tomatoes if they didn’t want them! More recently, while going to Ruth Chris Steakhouse I saw that they had Broiled Tomatoes on their menu! Well, you know I had to try them and of course, they were amazing. This recipe is a recreation of both of those tomatoes! Enjoy!
Here’s a quick and tasty recipe….
- Put cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and roll them around in the oil so that they get oiled all over
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350
- When done sprinkle with fresh chopped basil